You are here
Small Business Standards (SBS) is the European organisation representing and defending Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in standardisation. Co-financed by the European Commission and EFTA, SBS advises and supports SMEs and SME organisations across Europe on how best to influence the standardisation process at European and International level.
We are seeking a full-time Standardisation Officer to join our team in Brussels for a period of 7 months, from June to December 2020.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the recruitment procedure and coordinating the work of SBS experts in different European and International Technical Committees
- Contributing to the reporting activities to the European Commission and SBS members
- Contributing ideas and drafting of the SBS Work Programme 2021
- Represent SBS in different meetings with external stakeholders e.g. European Standards Organisations
- Support the Director in the daily management of the Secretariat, including the organisation and follow-up of Board and General Assembly meetings
Qualifications, skills and competences:
- University degree
- At least 1 years of relevant work experience
- Fluent in English. Additional languages are an asset
- Good computer skills, Word and Excel in particular
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Motivated, organised and a self-starter
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise tasks and respect tight deadlines
- Confident in contributing ideas and working as part of a team
- Understanding of the European Standardisation system and/or interest in learning about standardisation
The vacancy is a full-time position for a maternity leave replacement contract under Belgian law. The position is based in Brussels. Applicants must have the right to work in Belgium. SBS offers a competitive salary package and several additional benefits.
Applications should be sent to Maitane Olabarria, SBS Director, via firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, 26 April 2020.
The application should include a CV and a cover letter of maximum 1 page outlining your suitability for the role. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.