You are here
Home > News & Events > News > SBS/SMEunited are hiring an Office Manager/Management assistant!
SMEunited/SBS are looking for an Office Manager/Management assistant for their Brussels-based secretariat. The person will report to the Secretaries General of both organisations.
Your range of tasks consists of assisting the SBS Secretary General in her daily work. You will contact partners and suppliers, log invoices and HR administration, manage the general mailbox, handle general administrative tasks and offer support in coordinating activities and contracts.
Do you work accurately and are you very organised? Can you easily handle the most common MS Office applications? Are you fluent in English and French, and do you also master other European languages? Are you a socially skilled person ready to work in an international environment, do you have a flexible attitude, and do you like to work in an independent way in a small team? Then we look forward to welcoming you in our team!
Overview of Tasks
Provide support to the Secretary General and the team including diary and email management, office administration system management, meeting coordination and travel arrangements.
• Screen calls, enquiries and requests to the Secretary-General and President
• Manage diary: planning and organising meetings and videoconferences and ensure that the Secretary General is well prepared for those meetings
• Schedule and provide administrative support to meetings (organise attendees, venues and relevant catering, technical requirements)
• Prepare and follow-up of meetings and ensure delivery of tasks (agenda, briefings, presentations, triggering follow-up action, etc.)
• Book and coordinate travel and accommodation
• Draft minutes and action points of meetings
• Assist the Secretary-General and Finance Manager by logging invoices, handling HR administration and preparing weekly payments
• Send contracts to Experts and subcontractors and ensure follow-up
• Sort, prioritise and draft internal and external correspondence as needed
• Send out communications to Members
• Provide administrative support to the team where required
• Maintain office systems, including email and other monitoring and filing (databases, etc.)
• Undertake other duties as required
For this position, the candidate should have/be:
• Strong experience in the field of administrative management and hold a bachelor diploma
• Fluent in English and French – other European languages are an asset
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Fully IT skilled, with good knowledge of MS Office applications and remote meeting applications (Zoom, Skype for Business, Webex)
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player
• Analytical, creative and problem-solving abilities
• Strong time management skills
The vacancy is an 80% position with an unlimited contract under Belgian law.
The position is based in Brussels. Applicants must have the right to work in Belgium. SBS/SMEunited offers a competitive salary package consisting of a monthly salary and several additional in-kind benefits. Attractive holiday plan is offered as well.
To apply, please send your CV, motivation letter and the application form by info [at] sbs-sme.eu (e-mail) with the referral “Office manager / Management Assistant”.
Please ensure all requested documents are added to your application.