Overview of tasks
- Manage and perform accounting & finance activities;
- Perform financial planning, budgeting and reporting;
- Manage all financial areas of projects;
- Provide support in HR management;
- Provide support in ICT and facility management;
- Maintain contacts with the auditor, the external accountant, banks, the payroll office, the insurance company, the ICT providers, the landlord, European Commission & EFTA
Skills and competences
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or similar degree;
- Thorough knowledge of Belgian legislation in the field of accounting and HR;
- Knowledge of and preferably experience with EU / EFTA funding and financing rules;
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills;
- Preferably 5 years of relevant working experience as (internal) accountant or similar;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word and Excel) and good IT skills;
- Process-orientation with attention to detail and respect for timelines and deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team;
- Organised, proactive, service-oriented and polyvalent;
- Motivated to drive continuous improvement based on sound analysis;
- Structured way of working, able to develop and implement procedures to increase efficiency,
- Experience with working in an international environment;
- Good knowledge of English, French and Dutch.
SMEunited offers a competitive salary package consisting of a monthly salary and several additional in-kind benefits. Attractive holiday scheme.
Flexibility and balance between work and private life are equally important.
How to apply: send a detailed CV and cover letter by e-mail to c.vanvaerenbergh [at] smeunited.eu – referral “SBS / SMEunited Operations Manager” by Wednesday 12 May
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will not be returned. The successful candidate will be required to start working as soon as possible.